Paying to get into a wedding show might sound unrealistic! But attending one can help you save HOURS of Google searches , reviews, and phone time by exposing you to hundreds of vendors all in one place.
But we all know how overwhelming the whole experience can be, especially if you are planning on attending more than one show :)
I do believe though there are many ways to benefit from the shows alone and to actually save money through wedding expos:
- Be an early bird. Look at the bridal show websites in advance. They often have a $5 off discount or 2 for 1-admission coupons. Or even FREE admission if booked in advanced. The shows I do like Premier Bridal shows and Vintage Glamour shows have these kind of offers as do many other bridal show companies. Buy online and skip the lines ( Wait times can be tiring!)
- Open a wedding registry. On the day of a Bridal Show. The big department stores sometimes gives you an incentive for signing up for a registry at the show. They might offer you Gift cards, drawings for prizes in appliances or of such. So why not wait to sign up at a show? Any prize is a bonus if its free right?
- Get your bridal magazines at the show. You will receive at least 1-2 popular issues for free. That is a savings of $15 + as you know they start at $15 each!
- Look for the wedding show specials. If you find vendors you like, check if they offer a “wedding show special.” From my own experience we always offer wedding show specials! Offering bonuses and sweeteners :)
- Accessories: If your looking for accessories, why not consider buying them at the show? Many jewelry vendors often do clearance sales at wedding shows. You might even find your shoes, they might be last seasons, or the last in their style, but if your not worried about that then you can definitely snag a deal.
- Freebies. What bride doesn’t enjoy the freebies at wedding shows? Either way, you can obtain so many goodies that could save you some money for your bachelorette party? Help you organize, Make up and skin cleansing, not to mention all the free pens J . We mustn’t forget all the great food tasting, for catering, and cakes and desert bars!!! Oh my goodness you can’t miss it.
- Plan. Plan ahead, wear flat comfortable shoes, you will be doing a lot of walking, plan out what your taste buds will be enjoying that day as sugar can be quite a rush with all the yummy cakes and desert tables you will encounter. Take your fiancé, he can be very valuable, with sorting and narrowing down your vendor wish lists, He can also win prizes, as fashion shows will make it a fun experience and ask grooms to get up on stage and do something silly for a nice prize, and a support system can go a long way.
- Focus. Focus on vendors who state clearly whose work they are representing. Avoid “wedding vendor factories.” For example:- some photographers might, own a company with a pool of 10 photographers, which are great but without clarification you might not get the photographer who shot those beautiful photos you fell in love with on display or in the albums at your wedding. Focus on making sure who you speak to is representing their work. This goes for any other wedding professional.
Lugging around brochures and bags, stopping, & turning, sugar overdoses maybe? “Overwhelming” don’t you think? it all comes down to The most important notion, meeting your desired vendors face to face, nothing beats the one on one interaction with the wedding vendor that you will be hiring and entrusting your most important day’s services with. I believe it is all about your experience” along with a personality you immediately like. You want to be able to look into the vendors face and feel comfortable. First impressions are very important; I always say go with your gut feelings!
Doing many Wedding Shows myself, and speaking to so many brides, I’ve learnt that the shows can be brutal, but there is a balance, and without fail there will always be something in your favor no matter what! So ladies + Gents, families and friends, I do hope to see you at one of my shows.
Here are some photos I took recently at a Bridal Show I attended ( I was a vendor at) . The Fox Event Center in Redlands CA
I found my inspiration from the original post here http://wp.me/1i6js